ISAAA and SEARCA BIC are pleased to announce the winners of this year’s Tote-ally biotech Contest. The contest aimed to encourage the students’ creativity through print designs for white katsa bags. Entries featured designs on the theme of this year’s National Biotechnology Week (NBW) “Biotechnology: Partner in National Development.” The Contest was divided into high school and college levels.
The winners received certificates plus corresponding cash prizes of Php10,000, Php7,500, and Php5,000 for the first, second and third place, high school level; and Php17,600, Php12,500, and Php7,500 for the college level. The awarding took place on 25 November during the Closing Ceremony of the NBW in Quezon City.
College level winners
High school level winners
ABOUT THE CONTEST
This bag design contest is part of the celebration of the 12th National Biotechnology Week (NBW) and is being organized by the SEARCA Biotechnology Information Center (SEARCA BIC) and the International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications (ISAAA) to involve Filipino students in the promotion and awareness of the benefits and potentials of biotechnology. The contest aims to encourage the students’ creativity through print designs for white katsa bags. Designs should center on this year’s NBW theme “Youth, Agriculture, and Biotechnology.”
- The bag design contest is open to all Filipino students classified according to the following levels:
- High school level – Grades 7-12 students
- College level – College students
- All interested applicants must submit a 5×5 square inch (with 300 pixel wide resolution) original bag print design in JPEG format.
- The theme for the bag design making contest is “Youth, Agriculture, and Biotechnology.”
- Designs must only include 2-3 colors. It may also include texts (i.e. one-liners about the theme).
- All entries must be submitted on or before 2 November 2016 together with the designer’s full name, age, contact number, school, year level and course, and a scanned copy of his/her school ID. Entries shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Tote-ally biotech.”
- Entries will be judged on 4 November 2016. Winners will be notified after judging of entries, and will be invited to the awarding ceremony on 25 November 2016 during the Closing Ceremony of NBW.
- Prizes shall be:
High school level
- First runner-up: Php10,000
- Second runner-up: Php7,500
- Third runner-up: Php5,000
- First runner-up: Php17,500
- Second runner-up: Php12,500
- Third runner-up: Php7,500
- Copyright of the graphic artwork remains with the artist. However, by entering this contest, all contestants grant ISAAA and SEARCA BIC the exclusive use to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entries for knowledge sharing initiatives and science popularization activities without further compensation to the artists.
II. Criteria for Judging
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
Message and Content: 30%
Creativity and Presentation: 30%
Relevance to the theme: 10%